The Portland Water Bureau commissioned the renovation of a 1938 Civilian Conservation Corps bath house to attract more visitors to this rural park located at the confluence of the Sandy and Bull Run rivers. A picnic shelter was created by opening one side of the cave-like stone and wood structure toward a new amphitheater. The western wing of the building was converted to showers and restrooms to serve newly- created campgrounds. The existing historic heavy timber doors were retained and conserved along with their wrought iron hinges. Hinges for new doorways were fabricated to match existing ones. The structure was also seismically reinforced.